TW Recent Posts Widget is advanced version of the WordPress Recent Posts widget allowing increased customization to display recent posts from category you define.
- Unzip the downloaded
- Upload the
tw-recent-posts-widgetfolder and its contents into the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate TW Recent Posts Widget from Plugins page
- Go to the Appearance / Widgets tab and make new instance of this widget as many time as you wish.
- If you need to configure the CSS style of TW Recent Posts Widget, you can edit the
tw-recent-posts-widget.cssfile from the plugin directory.
This plugin is free! Click here to download
- Thumbnail image is not displayed in widget output.
An image MUST be set as featured image in each post you want to show in widget output.
- Thumbnails show up larger than the options set.
Images are displayed with WordPress function
the_post_thumbnail()and image size is based on your Media Settings under WordPress Settings.
Also, if you are creating custom thumbnail in your theme with WordPress function
add_image_size()that dimension will be useful too.
For example, if you set image width and height in your widget instance to some value that is not proportional to your custom images size, that dimension will not be output properly
- I want to show different post excerpt in widget than it is set in post content.
Post excerpt is generated from
post_contentdata. Plugin truncate first X characters from this field.
If you want to show different content, than you should type that content to
post_excerptfield. When post excerpt is set, plugin will truncate X characters from
post_excerptfield instead of